Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Nikon Book


So far I have not written too much here about my second book. This is The Nikon Camera in America, 1946-1953. You can readily access more publishing information from the book's website:
http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-3221-9

This is a story about people, both American and Japanese, who believed in a little camera and its lenses and were willing to take risks to promote a product made by a former foe to a public who then believed that anything Japanese was junk.

If you are at all interested any aspects of the history of photography, the history of technology, the post-war recovery of Japan and the interrelations of Americans with their former enemies, then this is a story worth reading.

If you are particularly interested in Nikon cameras: their design, their features, their history and in the individuals who made the camera and its lenses happen, this book is an essential read.

I will not apologize for saying these things. I spent over three years doing the research and, I will admit, that this has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. So, take a look, and if you have read it, let me know what you think.

No comments: